Friday, November 26, 2004


Being in a hurry is not pleasant at all! you can't feel the nice taste of life if you eat it very fast, like now that i can't spend much time on this post and i can't feel the complete joy of writing cause i have to go back to my study books soon. there are only 3 months left to the university entrance exam, which will make me able to start studying MSc if i can pass it. this nasty exam makes my mind busy a lot....

anyway, i also had my class this morning, it was perfect! my students had midterm exam and there was no need to teach anything, so i didnt get tired at all.... i love this job! without having the chance to become a teacher i would never understand what " loving a job " means! ALL what i want from a job exists in teaching (except the good payment!)... while coming home back i was thinking how sad it is that i can't get any class for winter term, i will miss it very badly!!

right now i teach adult students, there are both female and male students in my calss, it makes things a little difficult because we live in a society in which islamic rulls are forced by government, so that girls and boy are kept away from each other from childhood, any situation that consists the presence of stranger females and males can be stressful, especially as a teacher who is resonsible for anything in the class, i should be very careful about any kind of humor or joking,or talking about any special singers, acotrs or actresses as examples, once i asked a young boy "who is your favorite singer?" just to teach them the meaning of 'favorite' he answered "Jennifer Lopez" and i just repeated his answer for the whole class loudly, a lady from other side of the class gave me a glare! (reminds me the glare my mom used to give me at family parties when i was 4 years old)

i remember the first session of this class, when i entered the class, i could see that female and male students had chosen their seats randomly, ( as they had to, because they had entered the class in different times) but the next session, they all had changed their seats, females beside each other and males beside each other, however nobody forced them to do so! i would really like to know if this would be the same in the same situation but different culture....?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bitter: surprisingly, it is the sameinother countries too. i was in england and although no one forced the students to sit in separate places they had the tendency to automatically and unconsciously sit on the opposite sidesof the class.; girls on one side and boys on the other. but i do agree that there was a lotless tension in the class and people were not that worried about what may happen if they sat next to a girl.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Well in my country this class separation does not happen. In Romania we tend to sit to a boy rather to a girl..in fact i have noticed females can make male friends easily than female friends. We are taught we r equal to eachother so we r comfortable with eachother and ..if i think it better, most of my FRIENDS and i dont mean lovers, are boys or men.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your blog and it made me remembering my high school years, esp. Math class. The first clas of the perioid I had put my schoolbag on a one desk and went to break. When I came back, one of the boys have moved my back one desk forward...
So, in Finland, we sit mixed from kids to young adults. I'm in university and some of my friends are still male and I do sit with them in school/cafeteria etc.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS Announcer instantly and automatically submits your RSS feeds

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Using arizona corporate network solution to register your domain names?!?!?! Nope, check out Register Better . com to see what options are available for cheap or free domain names including the new loopholes!

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a wonderfull blog I've bookmarked you:-)
Thank you

girls games

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration FREE hit counter